Tuesday, July 27, 2010

You Just Never Know

You never know what someone else is going through. You just never know.

So we probably should be careful what we say.

Yesterday, as Ann and I were taking Audrey for a walk near the river, we stopped at a bench and another harried mom, with two kids in tow, passed by and yelled out to me, "Stop at one!"

Yeah, Dan and I were planning on trying for another baby as soon as he got back from the tour, something I wanted very badly. So, her complaint about her two children was best not directed at me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for that moment, and for your immense loss. I remember a moment when, after just receiving news of my mother's cancer diagnosis, I must have brushed past someone... she said in a very annoyed voice, "Well! Excuse ME. Some people!" I realized that day that you never know what private tragedies and dramas are playing out in people's lives, and that a measure of grace is never misplaced.

    ReplyDelete